Wednesday, June 24, 2009

There’s A Snake In My Boots….Er, House!

Most of you have Facebook and may have already seen this but I have to blog about it because it’s so beyond me why I have these pests! We’ve had mice problems since this last winter but this is what I found on the glue trap today. Yes…a snake!!

Tom was told it was a corn snake and so of course I had to research it out and found that most likely by the size it's probably a "hatchling". They can grow to be 3.9 to 5.9 ft long! Yuck!! Their diet consists primarily of rodents, mice and rats by constricting them. Corn snakes produce 12 to 24 eggs. Hopefully it crawled into the house and it didn't hatch somewhere in the walls of the house. I'm a little nervous that we might have more "hatchlings" since we have the mice. I hope some momma corn snake didn't lay eggs somewhere in the walls or attic of the house! Eek!!

4 comments:

Renee' P said...

You're crazy! NEVER will I ever have a snake or spider as a pet in my house!!!
ICK ICK ICK!
So sorry hon!

donna said...

yucky!

Barbie said...

So I was tramitized by the same incident a couple of falls ago. Same thing, garden snake in sticky trap IN MY BASEMENT!!! Your snake is HUGE compared to the one we had, and I had a BF freak out!!! I was also molested by two garden snakes in my pea patch. I made Ray kill them both and called them names no body should ever have to hear again!!! Anyway I feel your pain!! It makes me crzy to think snakes can actually get in a house!! I am scared to DEATH of them. Do they make snake poison? If they do were can I buy a pallet! I feel for you!!

Shaila Lou said...

So freaking disgusting! I think I would be moving in a tent!

Aunt Barbie totally cracked me up! Love her!