My day mainly began at 5:11 this morning. I heard some rummaging around, so I got up to investigate and found my sweet, little 2 year old in the living room. When he saw me he expressed the guiltiest look (with a little powdered sugar around his mouth!). He had one of Tom's raspberry filled powdered donuts in his little right hand with a bite missing from it.
I took him into bed with me hoping he'd fall asleep, which he finally did just after 6. Tom decided to get up for work just before 5:30 (30 minutes sooner than planned) so he wouldn't disturb Mason. Thanks honey! Anyway, around 6:48 Jayni decided to climb into bed with us and woke both Mason and I up, and Mason would not go back to sleep. So that's how my day started!
After naps we headed out to run some errands and while at Costco, had a minor mishap. I had Jayni & Mason in the cart and while I was going around to head down another aisle, somehow Jayni got her finger stuck in one of the holes on the shelving.
So as I'm pushing the cart and turn the corner, the cart kind of stops going and I look back as Jayni says, but not yet screaming, "my finger, my finger!". So, I pull the cart back and see her finger bent in a way that shouldn't have been and I get her finger out of the hole and start hugging her to console and calm her down, as she's screaming. She had said it was bleeding but when I pulled it out I hadn't noticed so after holding her for a few seconds, I go to look at it and sure enough it's gushing blood.
So, I began to head to the front of the store to find an employee to help me find a paper towel so that I could blot the blood away to look at it. I found one and she got some paper towels and headed off and found a band-aid. Another employee came up and asked if Jayni would like a lollipop and I said that might help so she went off to get one and also came back with an ice pack. This was when I began to feel queasy and as I'm trying to take care of Jayni I am also crouching to the floor feeling like I'm about to pass out.
I then decided to purchase the few items I had in my cart (I know, I'm terrible to not just leave and figure out what to do for my daughter!). As I'm standing in line with Jayni still crying loudly and me still feeling faint, the third employee that was helping out during this crisis offered me a Starburst so that it might help me not feel so faint anymore. He also went and got me another band-aid because Jayni's finger started swelling. Thanks to Costco for the great service!!
So, I made my way out to the car, and had to stop once because I started seeing whiteness and had to crouch done again (who's the loser?!!). We got into the car and as I'm driving I'm asking Jayni if she could bend her finger trying to decide if we should go to the doctor or not. She said she couldn't and said she just wanted to go home and lay on the couch. Thank goodness, after about 5 minutes in the car, she stopped crying and said she could bend her finger!
I told Jayni when we got home I'd give her some Tylenol so her finger wouldn't hurt so bad. She asked what Tylenol was and I told her it was the medicine I give her when she has a fever, sore throat, or something. She then said, "or the medicine I get when I get my finger stuck in a hole?" What a funny girl!! I'm pretty sure her finger isn't broken but she does have a good piece of missing skin. Possible picture to follow tomorrow if I remember to charge my camera.
So that's, how my day has gone. Tom just got home so now I'm heading to the store to get some band-aids and get some ice cream. There's nothing wrong with ice cream at 11 o'clock at night!...right, Allie? Tom actually just told me I should call you to see if you wanted to go. He thinks he's so funny! Why don't our husbands understand our need for late night ice cream?
Hopefully we have a better day tomorrow!!
Oh...I just wanted to make sure to let you know that I didn't take the time to take the picture of the shelving at Costco, like my husband thought. I happened to find the picture on the internet.


6 comments:
Oh dear you are NOT kidding! 5am is the middle of the night for me. Too funny he found the donut, maybe he needed a midnight (early morning) snack, ha!
I'm not cracking up over Jayni's finger but her comment about the medicine is hilarious! I can just see her face when she said it. I had no idea you were so faint. Glad you didn't totally pass out. And for sure buy the items in your cart, no need to add 'get back to Costco' to your list of things to do.
Praying you get a gift of tired kids that sleep past 7 in the morning. Me too for that matter.
OH my!!!! so sorry about Jayni's finger. I would of passed out,,,
Ice cream at 11o'clock. Sounds great to me.......
That sounds awful! Glad she didn't break it and that you didn't have to go to the doctor's. At least you had a good finish to the day with some ice cream! :)
Loved reading about the trauma. Her finger looked very sore and gross. Poor girl!! I hope it's starting to feel better. Malcolm's cut finger got way worse before it got better. It had a layer of dead skin that stunk...then finally fell off! Crazy kids!
Obviously, by the comments before mine, it is NOT unheard of to get ice cream or eat ice cream at 11 o'clock at night! You should let "el' presidente" read these comments!
I would have totally gone too!
Jayni was funny at the softball game the other night. She showed me her finger like 20 times. The bandage anyways, not the actual owie. (is that how you spell "owie"?) Then I thought it might not be good that she was digging in the sand pits....then I thought, oh well! :) haha
Lovin the new layout by the way!
I totally agree, it's fun changing them!
Post a Comment