Later in the afternoon yesterday after hanging out with Melanie, Kathryn and Reed, Jayni started feeling sick when we were at Target. So we decided to part ways and I brought Jayni and Mason home to nap. As I was helping Jayni get ready for her nap she started throwing up. Luckily she was standing over the sink and was able to make it to the toilet! Not much to clean up, but I did have to wash a couple towels and put her clothes in the wash too just to take up more room. I set her up in her bed with a bowl and she had to use it a couple times but no messes!
When I went to bed I checked in on the kids and after investigating found that Jayni had a little mess in her pants. Poor thing! So we got her cleaned up and I put in some things to wash. Tom had to leave at 3:30 this morning (won't be home until tomorrow evening) and when I went to bed I couldn't sleep because he kept tossing and turning. He was worried his alarm wouldn't go off although I set mine too! He finally got up around 2:30 to lay on the couch. Came in to tell me goodbye at 3:40 but said there was a little girl on the couch who said she wasn't tired anymore but feeling better. Mason woke up at 4:30. Jayni went to the bathroom around 8:20 and didn't realize she had a little drip (nicest way I could think to put it!) so we had to change her underwear again and when I put them in the wash I knocked over the FULL liquid detergent bottle that a few seconds later, I found leaking all over the top and side of the washer because obviously in the daze of lateness last night I didn't put the cap on tight. Then when the washer began to drain it was backing up into the bathroom and coming out the top of the toilet. Luckily I was in there and was able to get a towel around it and wasn't much of a mess.
Since then things have gone alright. We all took a nap from about 10:30 until 2:30. Crossing my fingers that the day will end well! I want to apologize for this very imperfect post. I'm much too tired to read through and fix spelling and punctuation and make sure everything makes sense, which is really hard for me to do since I have to go through post a good three or four times before posting!


6 comments:
OH Brianne!!! What a day. Or night and day actually. I'm so sorry that both kids ended up sick. Especially that kind of sick. And that Tom is gone through all of it. I wish I were closer so I could help out in some way. I'll be thinking of you. I'm so glad that everyone had good naps, it was needed! Hang in there. :)
let me know if there is anything i can do. I am so sorry.
Oh and i guess i forgive you both
( you and Melanie) for not inviting me. :)
Ugh...that's terrible. No fun at all. I hope all is better now. I thought about calling you around 2 or 3 today. I'm glad I didn't, since I probably would have been waking you all up.
So I noticed...it's been 2 months since your last post! I need some updates! Maybe I need a phone call more! Well I guess I want pictures too!
I'm sorry to hear all this happened. Dom has his round of the stomach flu for the first time too. He's still in a diaper though.
I bet your house smells like bleach now! LOL!
Wow, sounds like you had a rough night. I hope Jayni is feeling better and no one else got sick.
Wow- that was quite the day!! It's amazing with all that happened, that you were able to avoid several of the potential messes!
Anyway, It's been awhile since I have been regularly checking and commenting on blogs- but I just checked Shaila's and found out it was your birhtday yesterday-
Feb 1st. So, I just wanted to say, Happy Brithday!! To both you and Tom! I hope you guys had a great day together! :)
Post a Comment