Sunday, September 23, 2007

Family Reunions

Over Labor Day weekend we went camping with Tom's parents, siblings, and longtime family friends the Goodlander/Maus family. We had a great time! Phil & Sandi Goodlander brought jet skis with them. Jayni & cousin Rex loved riding on the tube with Grandpa Perkes.

Tom's sister Beth, came up with some great games! The first night we did some various relay races. One of them we had to eat a whole donut that was tied to a string and we couldn't use our hands. After the adults were done with the relay races the kids wanted to do the donut game.

Jayni beat her cousins, Rex and Eli, and even ate the whole donut!

The downside for me was not having any showers where we were at. I can't stand my kids being dirty! We ended up using the bin that we store our tent in as a bath for Jayni & Mason to clean up in the two nights we were there. At first Mason didn't like it...

...but soon enough he was splashing and playing in the water. Tom and I used this to wash our feet at night too.

Tom and Mason relaxing together. Tom's sister Christi, designed these cute shirts.

The last night we were there, Beth came up with the idea to have a rodeo. She even made the little horses. Here's Jayni playing with one of the horses. She wouldn't let anybody else use this horse. It ended up coming home with us.

Here's the Rodeo Princess and her favorite horse!

Grandpa and Grandma Underwood (Tom's grandparents) came the last full day we were there and made us a delicious dutch oven dinner. It was fun to be with everyone, play fun games, and eat good food!

In July we also had gone camping for the Chlarson Family Reunion. We went to Ensign Ranch. We had good times with crafts, numerous trips to the big slip 'n slide, and lots of yummy food. Unfortunately, I only took one picture. I have no idea why I didn't think to bring out the camera! The one and only picture I took was this one of Jayni on our way home.

She was so worn out from all the running around and fun she had with her cousins. We packed up and left right after breakfast and I didn't notice that Jayni had hot chocolate all over her face until we got home and had a bath.

8 comments:

melanie said...

Does this really say posted at 205 AM?! I should have called, I was up until 130! I hate insomnia.

All your reunion-ing looks fun. Jayni on the way home from Ensign is killing me, she look dead tired! When Kat falls asleep in the car her mouth is always open wide.

Love the horses for the rodeo. You know my kids would have been all over that!

Anonymous said...

Those reunions look like a lot of fun. I personally love reunions! It is so fun to see everyone that you haven't seen for so long. That's great you moved back from England in time to go to these fun family events!

Unknown said...

Love the blog. I wish I could have spent more time with Tom while I was visiting. I do what I can though. I love the Perkes. I have a picture of me sleeping like Jayni at work and it was posted all around the halls the next day.

Unknown said...

What a fun Reunion, I love the rodeo.

Anna said...

I am loving your new posts. So funny Jayni crashed out after the reunion-dont we all feel that way?

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys!! oh my goodness you kids have gotten so big!! I didn't recognize them!! It has be a long time since we seen you! I am so glad that you found us! and I am adding you to our list of blogs if that is okay!! yay, we miss you!

Anonymous said...

Well I don't feel like I have time to read all the blogs you have done...since I left the blogging world, but I love all the picture!! I'm all about the pictures anyways. The more the merrier!! Hopefully I can stay blogging too! Love Ya!

Anna said...

K, Brianne its time for some new posts.