Monday, April 23, 2007

An Evening Hike

Friday evening we had some dinner and then went to a trail that Tom wanted to check out that he passes on his way to and from work. It's located in a little village called Ombersley and the trail runs right along the River Teme.

It was so beautiful to see all the wildflowers along the path and hear the chirping of the birds. We got there around 6:30pm and it was still really warm out.

I kept stopping and taking pictures of the scenery. I'm sure I was driving Tom crazy, but I wanted to capture as much as I could knowing we won't be living here much longer and not knowing when we'll be able to return.

The countryside of England is so beautiful! We tend to avoid the motorways and drive through the countryside instead. It's been nice being here long enough to see all the seasons. Although fall is my favorite season, spring has been so beautiful here.

A little ways down the path we came across some sheep. Even though it was across the river, we could hear the baaing. Jayni loved it!

Can I say Tom really needs a new pair of glasses? He's had this pair just a couple months shy of 3 years. I swear he has to tighten them every few hours so they don't fall off his face. They sit crooked and in my opinion are looking a little outdated too. I love this picture though! The kids seem so happy and I know they love their Daddy so much! I'm pretty sure they know how much they're loved too!!!

4 comments:

melanie said...

Very cool! I love the wildflowers and the trees. The sheep in the countryside is just how I picture England in my mind. Great idea to document it all, pictures are all we have down the road. And I love them!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a fun little trail. I want to go nature walking. Here it seems like I could only walk through the rolling hills of wheat.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Brianne! I really enjoyed them. But how come you are never in any of the pictures? I think Tom needs to take some pics of you too.

Brianne said...

I actually had Tom take some pictures of me but hated them so I didn't post them. I'm still to this day a little camera shy and will not keep a picture unless I'm happy with it. I know, it's stupid and I'm trying to be better about it!! At least I actually let Tom take some pictures of me, that's a huge step for me!